We invite you to experience the distinctive style of Alisa Hotels Accra conference rooms and facilities designed to accommodate small to large events with a state of the art array of technology and catering services to make your event a total success.
Healthy Eating: You might be aware that, not fueling up with the right nutrients can affect how well your body performs and your overall fitness benefits. Even though healthy eating is of great importance, there are myths that hinder your performance if you listen to them. Here are some myth busters on healthy eating.
1. Working Out On An Empty Stomach. If you hear a rumbling noise in your stomach, the rumbling is trying to tell you something. Without listening to them, you are forcing your body to run without any fuel. Before you exercise or do any physical activity, always eat a light snack such as an apple or a banana.
2. Relying On Energy Bars And Drinks. Although they are fine every once in a while, they don't deliver the antioxidants you need to prevent cancer. Fruits and vegetables are your best bets, as they are loaded in vitamins, minerals, fluid, and fibre.
3. Skipping Breakfast. Skipping breakfast is never a good idea, as breakfast starts the day. Your body needs fuel as soon as possible, and without it, you'll be hungry throughout the day.
4. Low Carb Diets. Your body needs carbohydrates for your muscles and the storing of energy.
5. Eating What You Want. Eating healthy and exercising doesn't give you an all access pass to eat anything you want. Everyone needs the same nutrients whether they exercise or not, as well as fruits and vegetables.
6. Not Enough Calories Although losing weight involves calories, losing it too quickly is never safe. What you should do, is aim for 1 - 2 pounds a week. Always make sure that you are getting enough calories to keep your body operating smoothly. If you start dropping weight too fast, eat a bit more food.
7. Skip Soda And Alcohol. Water, milk, and juice is the best to drink for active people. You should drink often, and not require on thirst to be an indicator. By the time you get thirsty, your body is already running a bit too low. Changing how you eat is always a great step towards healthy eating and it will affect how your body performs. The healthier you eat, the better you'll feel. No matter how old you may be, healthy eating is something you should strive for. Once you give it a chance, you'll see in no time at all just how much it can change your life - for the better.