We invite you to experience the distinctive style of Alisa Hotels Accra conference rooms and facilities designed to accommodate small to large events with a state of the art array of technology and catering services to make your event a total success.
Self improvement and success go hand in hand Is it possible to know if a person is willing to attain self improvement? This is a question with no definitive answer. It will all depend on the individual. A lot of people have goals, dreams or ambitions but do not know how to go about achieving them. They may have thought about what would make up self improvement and their ideal life, but have no indication how to even start to make the plans and take the actions essential to make them a reality. A number of people have a vague idea on how to go about self improvement.
These are the ones that believe that if only they had a better job, or had been given better opportunities, or met the love of their life, or whatever else, everything would be fine and they would be very happy. They feel that their happiness or lack of it, is defined by external factors, and their thoughts and actions are of little consequence. Some believe that if only they had a lot more money, they could have whatever they want and be on their way to self improvement. They may have spent little time thinking about what they in fact want from life, and do not really believe there is something they can do to create their fuzzy version of utopia anyway, apart from buying more lottery tickets. Other people do not even know what they really want from their lives and may even have little idea what would really make them happy. They seem to just drift from day to day, week to week, month to month, and year to year, and do little more than just about get by. They may have seemingly secure jobs and be earning enough to live relatively comfortable lives. They seem blissful enough and have no great ambition to accomplish anything more from their lives than they currently have.
Healthy Eating And Becoming A Healthy Eater
Is self improvement important? The reality is that throughout our lives, we are all constantly growing and developing. Circumstances make us grow and develop, even if we do not make the conscious decision to do so. Up to a certain age, we learn through formal education and we continue to learn through our experiences for the rest of our lives. We have to learn and grow to deal with everything that life throws at us.We all have to go through self improvement. Modern life moves at a dramatically faster pace than at anytime in history.
For anyone living in modern society, there are more opportunities to do anything that you want to do with your life than ever before. But there is also more competition than ever before, and ever changing technology means that there really are few, if any ‘jobs for life’ anymore. It is now normal not only to change jobs quite often throughout our working lives, but even to completely change careers and industries. Because the workplace is so competitive, people who are ambitious and hungry for success know they need to learn new skills and knowledge to keep ahead of the pack. To attain this, self improvement is needed. These are the people that will be most likely to keep their jobs, or progress within their chosen field,or that will be readily employable in different organizations or industries. A commitment to self improvement and personal growth may well be the deciding factor in how anyone’s future will turn out.
Don’t Settle for Mediocrity Bona fide success in life can only occur by not settling for mediocrity, we should continually strive to achieve and get the most out of life that we possibly can, it is only when we push ourselves and give it all we’ve got can we then give ourselves a pat on the back for a job well done. Success in life depends on self-discipline and not giving in at the first hurdle you come across or going into a project only halfheartedly, by pushing yourself that little bit further you will be surprised at what you are capable of achieving, this is what separates the winners from the losers or the successful from the unsuccessful. Many people say that they want to succeed in life at whatever they do but very few are willing to truly push themselves that little bit further in order to accomplish their goals, and this is the reason why some of us succeed in life and others fail. How well you succeed is all about how bad you want the success, what it means to you, are you willing to succeed a little or are you willing to go the whole way and beyond to achieve a higher status and be outstanding?
The majority of us all start out with the best of intentions when racing towards the goals we have set, we shoot out of the starting gate and run down the straight but many of us fall back at the first hurdle, we don’t push, we run out of steam when the going gets tough and don’t pause to catch our second wind but come to a halt and give up, or stumble on halfheartedly and cross the line in second or third place at best. Those who do have the winning streak in them, who know that with a little extra push and a pause to catch their breath, and then a final sprint down the home straight and past the winning post ahead in front of their competitors, are the ones that end up with the glory and true success in life. Of course all those who are successful don’t just rely on pushing themselves, all winners have a strategy and are willing to be flexible on their way to success because life has a way of throwing many different surprises at us along the way. We need to be able to adapt to these unexpected happenings when they occur and not get bogged down, we have to take them in our stride, skip around them and continue in the race.
Give yourself a mood boost You will be amazed at how many minor alterations we can make in our lives that can give our mood a boost, boosting your mood brightens up your day, brings a smile and makes life that little bit easier to deal with. Just by making the smallest changes and taking as little as 5 minutes from your day you could be surprised with the difference it can make. It doesn’t have to be anything outlandish, just something you wouldn’t normally consider doing. Here are some tips to help give you that quick mood boost and can be done whenever you are feeling out of sorts with the world or feeling a little down.
If you have 5 minutes to spare you can:
If you have 15 minutes to spare you can:
• Make a list of all the people you haven’t been in touch with in a while and schedule a time to call each of them
• Write down what you have enjoyed doing so far during the day in your journal
• Find a comfortable spot, close your eyes and enjoy the silence, sound of rain or chirping birdsIf you have 30 minutes spare you can:
• Call someone you haven’t talked with in a while and catch up on all the gossip you missed
• Use your computer to look for ideas for your summer vacation
• Take a soak in a tub full of your favorite bubbles or skin softener
• Listen to your favorite Playlist
• Go to your local store and treat yourself
• Go for a walk and say hello to everyone you meet
• Turn off the TV, phone and anything else that could disturb you and sit down and enjoy peace and quiet for a half-hour
• Plan a quiet romantic meal
• Write a letter to someone special and mail it
• Discover a new recipe on the internet and plan to cook it for dinner
• Replace any old photographs you have in frames with more updated pictures
Psychological Self-improvement: Ways to overcome fear People are usually afraid of negative things. They are afraid of self-improvement because of this fear. Psychological self-improvement may help you in this situation. In psychological self-improvement, the best way to remove this fear is to understand that life is always in the cycle of ups and downs. No one is permanently up or permanently down. Remember that no one can avoid these ups and downs,not even the most envied Hollywood stars.
The one thing we should do about these downs is to learn from it and not to avoid it. We should learn how to handle our problems for our psychological self-improvement. Problems affect us every day. These problems bring us misery due to the fact that we have feelings. We should never loose hope in figuring out solutions to these problems. All we need is to learn how to overcome it and not to be overcome. Problems can never be overcome but we can learn from them. This is where Psychology plays an important role.
Psychologists say that we should always be careful in our decisions concerning our problems. We should handle our problems properly and learn how to deal with them. Learning from mistakes helps us in preparing ourselves for psychological self-improvement. There are a lot of myths about every event in our lives is due to pre-determined reason. Another belief says that what we encounter in our lives today is our preparation for other things that may come in our lives. To understand what may happen to us in the future, we must learn from the present.
Food And Drink Ideas And Mouth Watering Healthy Recipes
With all that, it is also true that the unexpected can happen at anytime. However, you should keep in mind that a psychological self-improvement is not always for the worse and consequently, you must never let go of a chance, because you are afraid to take the risk. Remember that, from time to time, something has to happen in order to free you from monotony, so you shouldn’t be surprised if, at a certain moment in time, instead of being afraid of change, you desire it with all your heart. Try to picture somebody else in your situation, as picturing ourselves in a less desirable position always looks more dramatic than it really is. If you realize that the other person can handle the change, you can be sure you’ll be able to handle it as well. Think of the worst situation that can result after the self-improvement.
Try to find various solutions to it. Reflect on how much you can loose, if the worst happened, and how important those things are to you. If you find more than one reasonable solution, you are safe and the self-improvement can’t be stronger than you are! Self-improvement is not bad at all. All we need is to learn how to handle some negative changes. We should also reflect from it to learn and use it in the future events that we may encounter. This could be your ultimate psychological self-improvement.
10 ways to start taking control At first glance, it would seem that positive thinking and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) have nothing to do with one another. But many of us with ADD develop negative thinking patterns because we become frustrated by our challenges and frequent feelings of being overwhelmed. This negative outlook then makes it even harder for us to manage those challenges and move forward. Practicing positive thinking allows people with ADD to focus on our strengths and accomplishments, which increases happiness and motivation. This, in turn, allows us to spend more time making progress, and less time feeling down and stuck. The following tips provide practical suggestions that you can use to help you shift into more positive thinking patterns:
1. Take Good Care of Yourself It's much easier to be positive when you are eating well, exercising, and getting enough rest.
2. Remind Yourself of the Things You Are Grateful For Stresses and challenges don't seem quite as bad when you are constantly reminding yourself of the things that are right in life. Taking just 60 seconds a day to stop and appreciate the good things will make a huge difference.
3. Look for the Proof Instead of Making Assumptions A fear of not being liked or accepted sometimes leads us to assume that we know what others are thinking, but our fears are usually not reality. If you have a fear that a friend or family member's bad mood is due to something you did, or that your co-workers are secretly gossiping about you when you turn your back, speak up and ask them. Don't waste time worrying that you did something wrong unless you have proof that there is something to worry about.
4. Refrain from Using Absolutes Have you ever told a partner "You're ALWAYS late!" or complained to a friend "You NEVER call me!"? Thinking and speaking in absolutes like 'always' and 'never' makes the situation seem worse than it is, and programs your brain into believing that certain people are incapable of delivering.
5. Detach From Negative Thoughts Your thoughts can't hold any power over you if you don't judge them. If you notice yourself having a negative thought, detach from it, witness it, and don't follow it.
6. Squash the "ANTs" In his book "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life," Dr. Daniel Amen talks about "ANTs" - Automatic Negative Thoughts. These are the bad thoughts that are usually reactionary, like "Those people are laughing, they must be talking about me," or "The boss wants to see me? It must be bad!" When you notice these thoughts, realize that they are nothing more than ANTs and squash them!
7. Practice Lovin', Touchin' & Squeezin' (Your Friends and Family) You don't have to be an expert to know the benefits of a good hug. Positive physical contact with friends, loved ones, and even pets, is an instant pick-me-up. One research study on this subject had a waitress touch some of her customers on the arm as she handed them their checks. She received higher tips from these customers than from the ones she didn't touch!
8. Increase Your Social Activity By increasing social activity, you decrease loneliness. Surround yourself with healthy, happy people, and their positive energy will affect you in a positive way!
9. Volunteer for an Organization, or Help another Person Everyone feels good after helping. You can volunteer your time, your money, or your resources. The more positive energy you put out into the world, the more you will receive in return.
10. Use Pattern Interrupts to Combat Rumination If you find yourself ruminating, a great way to stop it is to interrupt the pattern and force yourself to do something completely different. Rumination is like hyper-focus on something negative. It's never productive, because it's not rational or solution-oriented, it's just excessive worry. Try changing your physical environment - go for a walk or sit outside. You could also call a friend, pick up a book, or turn on some music. When it comes to the corporate world, protocol is pretty much the religion. To know the things needed to do are the basics of productivity, but interaction and having a steady mind makes up the entire thing to true productivity. There are those who seem to work well even under pressure, but they're uncommon ones and we are human and imperfect. To get these little things like stress under our skins won't solve our problems. Sometimes it takes a bit of courage to admit that we're turning to be workaholics than tell ourselves that we're not doing our best.