We invite you to experience the distinctive style of Alisa Hotels Accra conference rooms and facilities designed to accommodate small to large events with a state of the art array of technology and catering services to make your event a total success.

Book Alisa Hotel In Accra - Conference Hotels And Event Venue In Accra Metropolitan #FrizeMedia

Milk


Composition And Facts

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.

As milk is usually taken into the body in liquid form, the common tendency is to regard it as a beverage, rather than as an important source of nourishing food material. However, a knowledge of its composition, as well as the fact that milk becomes a solid food in the stomach and must then be dissolved in the process of digestion, will serve to show that milk contains solids. That it possesses all the elements required to sustain life and promote health is proved by the fact that a child may live for months on milk alone and during this time increase in weight.

Milk - Composition And Facts #FrizeMedia

The solids contained in milk are proteins, fat, carbohydrate in the form of sugar, and mineral salts, besides which, of course, water occurs in large quantities. The sugar and fat of milk serve as fuel; the mineral salts are chiefly valuable for the growth of bones and teeth and for their effect on the liquids of the body; and the proteins, like the fat and sugar, serve as fuel, but they also make and repair the muscular tissues of the body. In considering the food substances of milk, it will be well to note also that they vary according to the breed, feeding, and individual characteristics of the cow. 

Jerseys and Guernseys give milk rich in fat and total solids, and while Holstein cows give a greater quantity of milk, such milk has a smaller proportion of fat and total solids. As a rule, though, the composition of milk may be considered as approximately 3.3 per cent. protein, 4 per cent. fat, 5 per cent. carbohydrate, and .7 per cent. mineral matter, making a total of 13 per cent. This indicates the quantity of actual food material in milk, the remainder, or 87 per cent., being water.

Food And Drink

Milk

Essentials Of Cooking

Brazilian Cuisine

Honey

Green Tea Benefits

Kosher Food

French Cuisine

Earl Grey Tea

Cooking A Meal For One

History Of Coffee

Italian Wine

Tofu

Champagne Riddling Racks

Browse All Our Great Topics

InternetBusinessIdeas-Viralmarketing Home Page

FrizeMedia Ghana
SEO SEM Digital Marketing
We Are Helping 1000 Businesses Amplify Their Presence Online
ICT Training For The Next Generation








View Charles Friedo Frize's profile on LinkedIn
FrizeMedia Ghana - SEO SEM 
Digital Marketing
We Are Helping 1000 Businesses Get Online

FrizeMedia Ghana

SEO SEM Digital Marketing 

We Are Helping 1000 Businesses Amplify Their Online Presence

FrizeMedia builds very high targeted audience, awareness and generate leads through informative and engaging content

Mega hair growth formula   Specially formulated to stimulate hair growth and revitalize damaged hair, also to moisturize your scalp with our specially put together herbal oil blend extract, which gives your hair and scalp a boost for rapid growth.  Ingredients  Coconut oil, Shea butter, castor oil , 3 herbs extract, peppermint oil, fragrance   For all hair types   Directions  Apply a generous amount to scalp and hair,focusing on the dry areas.use daily for a better hair growth. Click to see more

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.
Solo Build It!